I am a Software Developer with over 9 years of experience building scalable distributed systems. I'm passionate for modern design patterns and architectures such as Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and CQRS.
I am an advocate for creating cultures of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust. I'm a strong believer in the value of Continuous Delivery, deploying software frequently with a high degree of automation.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Expires February 2025 View Certificate
AWS Certified Developer - Associate Expires November 2025 View Certificate
Snowflake Hands On Essentials - Data Warehouse Expires January 2025 View Certificate
Virtual Gaming Worlds Engineering Manager (March 2021 - Present) Senior Software Engineer (Jun 2019 - March 2021) Software Engineer (May 2018 - Jun 2019)
- Built a set of data pipelines to extract, transform and load billions of events with an SLO target of under 15 minutes, doubling email click-rate from 22% to 44%.
- Worked with the back-office and payments engineering teams to develop reliable and secure centralised systems.
- Designed and built a robust and scalable payments platform hosted on Amazon's EKS platform processing over US$1 billion in payments per year.
- Implemented low latency metrics and observability tools for ensuring the availability and reliability of Martech and payments processing, achieving an availability of over 99.95%.
- Helped advocate for culture of continuous delivery, creating a platform that enabled teams to deploy releases frequently (100+ deployments/month) with a high degree of automation.
- Designed the organisation’s first service level agreement, setting the bar for a culture of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust.
- Designed a credit card routing platform to optimise for authorisation rate and fee structure based on various factors including BIN ranges, applying a benefit of up to US$30m in yearly revenue.
Cash Converters Software Developer (September 2016 - May 2019)
- Developed new platform for online application process using ASP.Net Core API’s and a cutting-edge ReactJS front-end.
- Redeveloped tool for gathering supporting documents for applicants, improving speed, uptime and redundancy.
- Integrated live chat system and 2FA into existing applications.
- Developed a prototype for a next-generation CMS using Jekyll static site generator and presented findings to the team.
- Ran presentations to senior management on the benefits of web accessibility.
NEC Software Developer (September 2012 - September 2016)
- Developed an online portal for the Department of Water to manage water resources and licensing
- Lead user-experience and accessibility analyst for online platform
- Added change tracking feature to online retention and disposal application
- Enhanced error handling for Word Document import service
- Assisted in developing responsive stylesheets for mobile-first volunteer application for St John Ambulance
She Codes Website
In my free time I love mentoring and volunteering my time to helping others grow, volunteering my time with the She Codes Plus program.