I am a Software Developer with over 10 years of experience building scalable distributed systems. I'm experienced in modern design patterns and architectures such as Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and CQRS.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Expires February 2025 View Certificate
AWS Certified Developer - Associate Expires November 2025 View Certificate
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Expires April 2026 View Certificate
Snowflake Hands On Essentials - Data Warehouse Expires January 2025 View Certificate
WeMoney Principal Engineer (May 2023 - Present)
- Establishing new subscription activation channels, reducing app store related subscription fees by ~90%.
Virtual Gaming Worlds Engineering Manager (March 2021 - March 2023) Senior Software Engineer (Jun 2019 - March 2021) Software Engineer (May 2018 - Jun 2019)
- Designed data pipelines to extract, transform and load billions of events in under 5 minutes, resulting in doubling email click-rate from 22% to 44%.
- Worked with the back-office and payments engineering teams to develop reliable and secure centralised systems.
- Designed and built a robust and scalable payments platform hosted on Amazon's EKS platform processing over US$1 billion in payments per year.
- Implemented low latency metrics and observability tools for ensuring the availability and reliability of Martech and payments processing, achieving an availability of over 99.95%.
- Helped advocate for culture of continuous delivery, creating a platform that enabled teams to deploy releases frequently (100+ deployments/month) with a high degree of automation.
- Designed the organisation’s first service level agreement, setting the bar for a culture of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust.
- Designed a credit card routing platform to optimise for authorisation rate and fee structure based on various factors including BIN ranges, applying a benefit of up to US$30m in yearly revenue.
Cash Converters Software Developer (September 2016 - May 2019)
- Developed new platform for online application process using ASP.Net Core API’s and a cutting-edge ReactJS front-end.
- Redeveloped tool for gathering supporting documents for applicants, improving speed, uptime and redundancy.
- Integrated live chat system and 2FA into existing applications.
- Developed a prototype for a next-generation CMS using Jekyll static site generator and presented findings to the team.
- Ran presentations to senior management on the benefits of web accessibility.
NEC Software Developer (September 2012 - September 2016)
- Developed an online portal for the Department of Water to manage water resources and licensing
- Lead user-experience and accessibility analyst for online platform
- Added change tracking feature to online retention and disposal application
- Enhanced error handling for Word Document import service
- Assisted in developing responsive stylesheets for mobile-first volunteer application for St John Ambulance
She Codes Website
In my free time I love mentoring and volunteering my time to helping others grow, volunteering my time with the She Codes Plus program.
DDD Perth Github Repository · Website
Before the 2018 DDD Conference in Perth, I was asked to provide an external accessibility audit of the main conference website. I made several recommendations to improve the inclusiveness of the design.