I help top-notch organisations by bringing together crystal-clear objectives, a culture of support, streamlined operations, and adaptable technology. I'm a firm believer in small, dynamic teams that embrace autonomy and take responsibility, prioritising outcomes over specific solutions. Above all, I believe in pursuing something you're passionate about alongside individuals you genuinely admire and respect. With a wide array of technology interests, I thrive on embracing new challenges.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Expires February 2025 View Certificate
AWS Certified Developer - Associate Expires November 2025 View Certificate
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Expires April 2026 View Certificate
Terraform Certified Associate Expires on October 2025 View Certificate
Snowflake Hands On Essentials - Data Warehouse Expires January 2025 View Certificate
WeMoney Principal Engineer (May 2023 - Present)
- Enabled secure and automated infrastructure deployments using Terraform, Github Actions and public cloud OIDC provider.
- Established new subscription channels, reducing app store related subscription fees by ~90%.
Virtual Gaming Worlds Engineering Manager (March 2021 - March 2023) Senior Software Engineer (Jun 2019 - March 2021) Software Engineer (May 2018 - Jun 2019)
- Designed data pipelines to extract, transform and load billions of events in under 5 minutes, resulting in doubling email click-rate from 22% to 44%.
- Worked with the back-office and payments engineering teams to develop reliable and secure centralised systems.
- Designed and built a robust and scalable payments platform hosted on Amazon's EKS platform processing over US$1 billion in payments per year.
- Implemented low latency metrics and observability tools for ensuring the availability and reliability of Martech and payments processing, achieving an availability of over 99.95%.
- Helped advocate for culture of continuous delivery, creating a platform that enabled teams to deploy releases frequently (100+ deployments/month) with a high degree of automation.
- Designed the organisation’s first service level agreement, setting the bar for a culture of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust.
- Designed a credit card routing platform to optimise for authorisation rate and fee structure based on various factors including BIN ranges, applying a benefit of up to US$30m in yearly revenue.
Cash Converters Software Developer (September 2016 - May 2019)
- Developed new platform for online application process using ASP.Net Core API’s and a cutting-edge ReactJS front-end.
- Redeveloped tool for gathering supporting documents for applicants, improving speed, uptime and redundancy.
- Integrated live chat system and 2FA into existing applications.
- Developed a prototype for a next-generation CMS using Jekyll static site generator and presented findings to the team.
- Ran presentations to senior management on the benefits of web accessibility.
NEC Software Developer (September 2012 - September 2016)
- Developed an online portal for the Department of Water to manage water resources and licensing
- Lead user-experience and accessibility analyst for online platform
- Added change tracking feature to online retention and disposal application
- Enhanced error handling for Word Document import service
- Assisted in developing responsive stylesheets for mobile-first volunteer application for St John Ambulance
She Codes Website
In my free time I love mentoring and volunteering my time to helping others grow, volunteering my time with the She Codes Plus program.