I am a Software Developer with over 7 years of experience building highly-scalable distributed systems. I'm passionate for modern design patterns and architectures such as Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and CQRS.
I am an advocate for creating cultures of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust. I'm a strong believer in the value of Continuous Delivery, and deploying software frequently with a high degree of automation.
- UI/UX Design
- Software Architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Sourcing
- Continuous Delivery
- Payments Processing
- Agile Development
- Customer Acquisition and Retention
Engineering Squad Lead
VGW, Perth – May 2018
- Worked with the back-office and payments engineering teams to develop reliable and secure centralised systems.
- Designed and built a robust and scalable payments platform hosted on Amazon's EKS platform processing over US$1 billion in payments per year.
- Implemented low latency metrics and observability tools for ensuring the availability and reliability of payments processing, achieving an availability of over 99.95%.
- Helped advocate for culture of continuous delivery, creating a platform that enabled teams to deploy releases frequently (100+ deployments/month) with a high degree of automation.
- Designed the organisation’s first service level agreement, setting the bar for a culture of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust.
- Designed a credit card routing platform to optimise for authorisation rate and fee structure based on various factors including BIN ranges, applying an benefit of up to US$30m in yearly revenue.
Cash Converters, Perth – September 2016
- Developed new platform for online application process using ASP.Net Core API’s and a cutting-edge ReactJS front-end.
- Redeveloped tool for gathering supporting documents for applicants, improving speed, uptime and redundancy.
- Integrated live chat system and 2FA into existing applications.
- Developed a prototype for a next-generation CMS using Jekyll static site generator and presented findings to the team.
- Ran presentations to senior management on the benefits of web accessibility.
NEC Australia, Perth – September 2012
- Developed an online portal for the Department of Water to manage water resources and licensing
- Lead user-experience and accessibility analyst for online platform
- Added change tracking feature to online retention and disposal application
- Enhanced error handling for Word Document import service
- Assisted in developing responsive stylesheets for mobile-first volunteer application for St John Ambulance