I am a Software Developer with over 7 years of experience building highly-scalable distributed systems. I'm passionate for modern design patterns and architectures such as Domain Driven Design, Event Sourcing and CQRS.
I am an advocate for creating cultures of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust. I'm a strong believer in the value of Continuous Delivery, and deploying software frequently with a high degree of automation.
- UI/UX Design
- Software Architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Sourcing
- Continuous Delivery
- Payments Processing
- Agile Development
VGW, Perth – May 2018
- Worked with the back-office and payments engineering teams to develop reliable and secure centralised micro-services.
- Built a robust and scalable payments platform hosted on Amazon's EKS platform processing over US$1 billion in payments per year.
- Implemented low latency metrics and observability tools for ensuring the availability and reliability of payments processing, achieving an availability of over 99.95%.
- Designed a credit card routing platform to optimise for authorisation rate and fee structure based on various factors including BIN ranges, applying an benefit of up to US$30m in yearly revenue.
- Helped advocate for culture of continuous delivery, creating a platform that enabled teams to deploy releases frequently (100+ deployments/month) with a high degree of automation.
- Designed the organisation’s first service level agreement, setting the bar for a culture of ownership, accountability, transparency and trust.
Cash Converters, Perth – September 2016
- Developed new platform for online application process using ASP.Net Core API’s and a cutting-edge ReactJS front-end.
- Redeveloped tool for gathering supporting documents for applicants, improving speed, uptime and redundancy.
- Integrated live chat system and 2FA into existing applications.
- Developed a prototype for a next-generation CMS using Jekyll static site generator and presented findings to the team.
- Ran presentations to senior management on the benefits of web accessibility.
NEC Australia, Perth – September 2012
- Developed an online portal for the Department of Water to manage water resources and licensing
- Lead user-experience and accessibility analyst for online platform
- Added change tracking feature to online retention and disposal application
- Enhanced error handling for Word Document import service
- Assisted in developing responsive stylesheets for mobile-first volunteer application for St John Ambulance
Every Good Outage Starts with a Queue
August 2019 · DDD Perth
Learn why queues are not a one-size fits all solution, and how there is no such thing as a good queue, only one that is absolutely necessary. Queues are in more places than you think, and they can bite you in ways that you might not expect.
Web Accessibility in Practice
August 2016 · Localhost PER
Developers use accessible web app design to reach more diverse audiences. This presentation is a quick guide to understanding and building accessibility into your web apps.
She Codes Australia (formerly Perth Web Girls)
In my free time I love mentoring and volunteering my time to helping others grow, volunteering my time and expertise on a number of occasions at Perth Web Girls and other mentoring meet-ups.
July 2017 · Govhack
The Australian Government is focusing on encouraging innovation in order to increase jobs which will be relevant to the society we live in for years to come. A key weakness of the Australian innovation network which was identified is that there are ‘few direct mechanisms to support knowledge transfer’.
August 2016 · Govhack
Getting home is typically a matter of choosing the shortest or fastest path. A typical directions service will choose the cheapest, or fastest, or shortest path, but when it comes to safety it's up to the user to decide based on 'gut-feeling' which way to go home.